How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Helped a friends to buy new sofas on high for £4088 on my account.

This answer was rated:

Helped a friends to buy new sofas on high for £4088 on my account. They then exported same without my consent and stopped paying for them and I was forced to finish the payment. I would like to recover the money. They have block me from communicating with them. If I sent them emails they don't reply.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
How much do they owe you? Are they based in England?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They owe me £1500 but its over the year since I have paid off the balance. The wife is in the UK but the husband run away to his country after I had assisted him to secure a loan and I had to pay off the loan as his guarantor.
Thank you. Was the wife not mentioned in the guarantee? Does the husband own aproperty?
Under the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978 - as guarantor you are entitled to recover the money you guaranteed. So you could sue the husband. Do you have his last service address?
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you