How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I re-married 2 years ago (widowed years) The house is

Customer Question

I re-married 2 years ago (widowed for 10 years) The house is in my name and I havn't re-made my Will. When I die, what will my husband be legally allowed to claim from my estate? Should we both re-make our Wills and should I have his name put on the register as joint owner of my house? I am the main earner and pay all the bills connected to the house. I have 3 children he has 2. My 91 year old father has been in the same situation after my mother died, I do not want harassment from children as my father is experiencing now.
Yours Sincerely
Pamela Vinten-Phipps
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


What extra information would you like?

My age? Ownership?



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. No further information is needed at this time.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
At present since there is no Will (your previous Will was revoked on your marriage) in the event of your death your husband will receive the first £250,000 plus a like interest in half of the remainder.
Your children would share half of the remainder straight away and the other half of the remainder when your husband dies
If you do make a Will you need to ensure that you make proper provision for your husband
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask of you need further details