How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10794
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

If an Englishman is a trustee of his English late mother's

Customer Question

If an Englishman is a trustee of his English late mother's will trust and he is then adjudicated bankrupt in England , must he retire as a trustee
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
A person who is insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt can act as an Executor/Trustee of an Estate. If it is considered inappropriate for that person to act for any particular reason though it is possible for that person to renounce their position.
The executor should liaise with their trustee in bankruptcy and make sure that any account that is used is maintained as an "executors account" rather than in their own name.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist any further?
Kind Regards