How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been charged bank fees and interest from 2001 to 2006

This answer was rated:

I have been charged bank fees and interest from 2001 to 2006 totalling £2343. Is there any way I can try and claim this back or is it too late?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but you are out of time.
You have six years under the Limitation Act 1980 to bring claims of this nature. There are things like insanity that do stop time but they are very rare.
Unfortunately limitation is taken very seriously.
Also, the banks probably no longer have records of these years.
I'm very sorry but that is your position and I have to give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thank- you for the quick response I thought I might be too late. I do have copies of all the bank statements from 2001 to 2006 with charges listed but as you said limitation is taken very seriously so that won't help.

At least I can forget about it now and just write it off.

Best regards


You can always write to them to see if they notice that you are time barred. It is not likely that they wouldn't but it is free to do.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you