How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

Good evening, I work within a mental health service in

This answer was rated:

Good evening,
I work within a mental health service in the NHS. On 17/4/15, I carried out an assessment of a client following which I wrote a discharge letter to him and a copy of that letter was sent to his GP. Unbeknown to me, this client raised issues with the contents of my letter and spoke to my manager about it.
On 1/6/2015, I was informed of this issue by my manager in passing. Subsequently I checked the client's records and was horrified to discover that a second letter was produced on 28/4/15 by a
Senior clinician. This individual had made changes to my letter using my name.
This is a serious matter and I would like advice as to how to take it further. Thank you. Serena
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you raised this issue with your employer? If so what was the response?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I have not raised this issue yet as I wanted to explore my options.
It is really important that you raise this concern with your employer by way of a formal grievance.
Your employer should then investigate the allegation and should take action against the employee if they find that this allegation proves to be true.
If you have any issues as a result of this incident then you should be in the clear.
There is no action you can take against the employee personally as this is a a matter for the employer.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer, thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you