How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If an original Change of Name deed has been lost (issued approx

This answer was rated:

If an original Change of Name deed has been lost (issued approx 25 years ago) what will a Registrar accept to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment in order to get married in Italy?

If you have been issued with a driving licence or passport in your new name, that should suffice to show your changed name.

I suggest you contact your local registry and find out what they require to issue a certificate of no impediment (CNI). Once in Italy, you will need to go to the nearest British consulate to convert your CNI into a Nulla Osta to enable you to get married in Italy.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you