How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning.Can you please let me know what will happened

Customer Question

Good morning.
Can you please let me know what will happened if, for example, Children and me are living in a council flat, then my ex-husband sells his parents house and pays me big sum of money.
How will this affect my right to live in my council flat (sum is not big enougth to buy anything on my own)
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
Receiving such a sum will not mean that you have to give up your Council House.
You may no longer be entitled to Housing Benefit (if you are receiving it at all!)
Please ask if you need further details