How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can i ge some help. my partner wants to take my kids

This answer was rated:

hello can i ge some help. my partner wants to take my kids to live in turkey. the youngest has bowel troubles. im concerned for his system not being able to handle the unclean water and food. my name is ***** ***** the birth certificate, we were never married, and i currently have no DNA test for the youngest. Is getting a stamped PR agreement and a DNA test going to be all ineed to forec my name on the birth certificate and stop her frmo moving abroad with my kids? what can i do? i have always paid maintenance and never signed off my rights to either of them. i also have made regular visits with both my kids.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and why does your ex wish to move to Turkey?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
19 and 5. I do realise the oldest can make up her own mind where she wants to live. My concern is focused on the little one. I don't know if it's just a vengeful move on my exs behalf. Her parents are moving there so she wants to follow. She has no valid reason other than being 'fed up' with England. She has been manipulating the 19yo child into trying to get me back together with her. I don't know if it's just a cruel game she is playing or if she's serious but I need to know my rights as a father. She seems to think i don't have any even though I pay maintenance and visit them both regularly. I have texts to clarify my stance and hers I hope those are also admissible in court.
What contact do you have with the younger child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My contact has always been dictated by the mother of our son. She often uses his health as an excuse not to allow me to have him over at mine often at all. So, moreover, the only time she has really allowed me to see him has been when i drop off child maintenance at her house every friday for a couple of hours and a couple times during the week on my early shift weeks. She never has allowed me to have him overnight.

You refer to Parental Responsibility Agreement - is there any chance that she will sign one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has already stated she won't sign anything. it would have to be up to a judge to decide. she is upset and angry about not being able to get us both back together. She has also said because I am raising a fuss over her moving to Turkey that she wont allow me on the birth certificates either. Surely she cant allow to use the kids as a weapon like this and I can get what i need through the courts. I have heard about a prohibited steps order as well. I might need to file that firstly? Can you get a PR Agreement from the judge? Does she have to sign it?

There is nothing that can be done about the elder child as she is now an adult.
With regard to the younger child the first step is to attend a Mediation information and Assessment meeting with a Family mediator
If your ex will not mediate or no resolution is reached then you can make an immediate applictaion to the court for a Child Arrangement Order seeking a set timetable of contact, including overnight contact; a prohibited steps order to prevent the move to Turkey unless a court decides it would be in the best interests of the child (unlikely) and an Order giving you Parental Responsibility.
The court order will give you PR - if you wish to have your name added to the Birth Certificate then that would be a separate applictaion
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you