How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I as a Client, signed of medical records (deceased

This answer was rated:

I as a Client, signed for copies of medical records (deceased brother) relating to my case. for my Solicitor accesss.
Can I as the client have access to my solicitors copy of these records,
Who owns these copies.
Can I as a client take copies from records, whilst her case is ongoing.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is this for a Court case please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, settlement in progress.

If the medical records have been used of the purpose of Court proceedings then you can't have a copy, because although you can see them you are not entitled to a copy. You can only see them as they are a document which can only be used in current proceedings.
So in short you can view them but not get a copy or use its contents for any other purpose save for these proceedings.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Alex W,

Thank you for your answers to my questions, You made it very clear and Knowledgeable in helping me to understand, not only the legal issues but what I as a client can do.

( I did not want to appear stupid to my solicitor to ask these questions.)

Thank You,

Mary T.

HiJust to add to the above - if you are the Executor of your brother's estate then you are entitled to the recordsClare