How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have been found guilty of assault at magistrates re my girlfriend

Customer Question

I have been found guilty of assault at magistrates re my girlfriend we had a terrible relationship over two years, I have now moved on and my life is looking better, I pleaded not guilty and still maintain that I am, this is a vengent girlfriend and has broken me and now need mental health support, I am facing a sentence of up to 6 months. I don't think I can face an appeal I will commit suicide, I have family and support around me but my solicitor is hard to see. I was considering not appealing and accepting the guilty verdict and to let her have anything she wants, laying my self in front of the court with evidence of previous good character, references, job, responsibilities, a current mental health problem ( that will be affirmed) to ensure I can move on and keep my job and pay whatever else I have to do. Can you advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with his.
Can you just tell me in general terms what you are meant to have done (eg was it a punch/several punches or a kick/s etc) and were there any injuries. Do you have any similar convictions already? Were ther any children present.
Are you on legal aid or paying privately?
Let me know this information and I will be bale to give you a more useful answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will my answer be in a public forum I am so afraid that this posting would not help my situation

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
this is private and your namn is not even displayed to me.