How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am In a very distressing situation and am very worried

Customer Question

Hi I am In a very distressing situation and am very worried and concerned as to what I can do basically my ex girlfriend is pregnant with my child and is saying I can not have anything to do with the child will not put me on the birth certificate she is also saying she will leave the country and have the child there or as soon as the child is born leave the country with it what are my rights currently and can I stop her from leaving the country with my unborn child i am willing to go through courts to get access and contact to the child but my concern is that she will leave the country and I will not be able to find her where abouts I want to be apart of the child's life it needs to have a father in its life I would appreciate if you could advise me of my rights thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you have no rights whatsoever until the baby is born - so if she wishes to leave the country then there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
However once the child is born then the baby has the right to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details