How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

WE employed an architect to draw plans and paid him also to

This answer was rated:

WE employed an architect to draw plans and paid him also to oversee our house renovation which cost over £100,000.He recommended the builder.Halfway through the job the builder
did not turn up for 3 months.He agreed to finish,we dismissed the architect and had a new builder to complete the work.We had to pay to correct some substandard work and it appears the first builder charged for work he did not do.The architect gave us interim certificates and told us to pay the builder at each stage.Now after 2 years has passed we wish to take action to recover losses we estimate are approx £15,000.We feel the architect is at fault.Can we sue the architect or do we sue the builder ? Thankyou.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You sue both, the builder fir the faulty work and architect fir the certificate
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your reply,very pleased.No further questions today,.

If we have further questions we will contact you.Can we contact you through just answer?We are prepared to pay for any further advice.

Would you like me to rate and finish now or keep this open for any further questions/?

Many thanks.

Yes please put any future questions for my attention and I can help you.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.