How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour has put a drive in but in the process has damaged

This answer was rated:

My neighbour has put a drive in but in the process has damaged our wall
He has said on numerous occasions that he will repair the damage
Was again supposed to repair this weekend but still not done
This has now been going on for over 2 months
Where do I stand ?
Thanks *****
Hello Gary my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is the dust of putting right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Replace damaged bricks and rebuild damaged wall

Do you know the cost ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not at the moment as they were doing repairs
I will get a estimate next week
You need to get several quotes for doing the work and putting it right.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or the work done within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.