How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'd like to challenge Castle Cover Insurance Company who have

This answer was rated:

I'd like to challenge Castle Cover Insurance Company who have REFUSED to allow my claim for damaged Conservatory roof - they say 'it is too old' -- The whole conservatory was added to my house 1992 including triple ply upvc transparent roof. It was damaged THIS year by something heavy - a big bird? A large animal could have jumped onto it? Nobody can ever know but the 'Assessor' was adamant that Ageas will NOT cover it - he is with 'Property Consultants' Ltd. The timing was dreadful because I had to go away to a family wedding the week following his visit. I am on Pension Benefits and the high cost of replacing the large roof is far more than I can raise. OVer 55k , Your advice would be very much appreciated. My savings are low and are 'tied up' - I am already retired.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the cost of repair please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£55,000.00 is the total cost of the quotation.
You need to write and set out your complaint in writing, which they will investigate. They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If they do not accept it then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They will investigate your complaint and report back to you as they are independent and free. Their website is
This should resolve the matter, otherwise sadly you need to go to court.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a they do the work or £ within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's all we can do - no point in trying to pursue this any longer but thanks for 'the offer' - it is half a week's benefit I'm afraid so I cannot, dare not, spend more than the 41 I've already paid.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.