How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a court judgement against tenant she has moved out can

Customer Question

I have a court judgement against tenant she has moved out can I change locks and what do I do about items left at property. Council have now finishec paying her rent
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you are sure the tenant has moved out then yes. You need to store the items for a month, give notice to the tenant if you have a forwarding address or post a notice to the property door that you will dispose of them after this.
Then if the tenant does not collect you can give away to charity or dispose.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?