How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have applied t the court and obtained judgement against

Customer Question

we have applied to the court and obtained judgement against tenant to get her evicted as she had not moved out and we are applying for the bailiff to evict her buy no date set. we have now found she has moved out but has left some furniture. can we now change locks and take possession, and do we need to keep her furniture if so for how long

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If you are sure she has moved out and wont return you can change the locks. You must put a notice on the door giving a contact number and 28 days to remove the goods. then after 28 days then you can dispose or sell the furniture and put it against the arrears/costs.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.