How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Late fathers estate

Customer Question

after my wife's late father died intestate he left assets to be split equally between herself and her siblings and mother , we have tried for many years to obtain evidence and information as to what they did with the estate, the properties were and are in India as we believe very strongly that one has been sold, we have managed obtained a copy of a power of attorney alleged to be signed by my wife and witnessed by a notary in India we believe. The signature on the power of attorney has been examined by a hand writing expert who believes that there is dependable evidence for the proposition that my wife is not the author of the signature. my wife did not sign the power of attorney and her family who are UK residents own property and business in this country are now dispersing the assets through sale and keeping the money for there own benefit. The power of attorney is dated September 1987, there is no evidence to suggest that my wife has even left the UK in over 30 years. taking into consideration that we only obtained evidence from India in march 2015 as it has been very hard to obtain it with a system of bribery in place as it is there. we understand that there is limitation in these matters would we have a case in this country for fraud against her family?

What is the position on Law of Limitation?

What are the chances of success? if a case is filled in the uk against her siblings?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,