How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am the executor of my fathers will. In the will he left a

Customer Question

I am the executor of my fathers will. In the will he left a bungalow to my daughter to be handed over when she is 21. As executor i have been looking after the property and have carried out extensive repairs and redecoration all at my own cost. The repairs and redecoration have added an extra £100 000 to the value of the property. Am I entitled to the money I have spent back when she reaches 21 or any of the equity that it has earned.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid not unless your daughter voluntarily agrees to give you equity from the property in consideration of your improvements on the property.
May I help further?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why you spent so much money on a property that was not yours?