How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought wardrobe furniture from oak furniture land on 18th

This answer was rated:

I bought wardrobe furniture from oak furniture land on 18th march it was delivered 4th may and it was damaged, I informed them and I took photos and emailed them they replaced it onth 2nd June which was also damaged I informed them again also took photos and emailed them. They said they will refund me or replace it again I do not want a refund as we have just had all carpets fitted through the house and decorated throughout, if they replace it that may be damaged again as they don't unpack it you only no when you unpack it. They sent home serve out on 22nd of june who took more photos and measurement's to report back can I insist on them to repair the item to save damage and dirty boots on new carpets.
Thank you Pete.shepherd
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes you can insist they repair or refund.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or repair within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.