How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My solicitor and barrister did not act as I instructed , what

This answer was rated:

My solicitor and barrister did not act as I instructed , what action can I take against them and how can I do this?
Hello, I am solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
It is a serious breach of professional conduct rules if a lawyer doesn't follow instructions. What in general terms is it that they didn't do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My apologies for not replying earlier there has been a problem with access to my Just answer account which has only just been fixed.

My solicitor did not lodge papers with the court regarding my inability to attend a hearing, they also withdrew immediately before a hearing leaving me without council, and they did not pay my barrister from the funds I sent to them, which they say they will do but to my knowledge this has still not been completed.

OK you should either write to the senior partner setting out the problems and requesting details of the complaints procedure which they are required to have under the SRA rules.
Tell them you want the complaint dealt with within 14 days and that if they do not do so you will go directy to the SRA.
Have you sufferd any loss/disadvantage as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not being represented in court and not being able to attend court has contributed to the court finding against me and my sister in the damages claim. We will lose our home and livelihood as the claim is for over £900,000

OK follow this link and make report your solicitor.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you