How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been declared bankrupt. The Insolvency Practitioner

Customer Question

I have been declared bankrupt. The Insolvency Practitioner I instructed who is a solicitor wants to go for straight annulment but now wants a further £3k which he said was 'tax'. I cannot raise this money. The WS submitted to Court today.
The other party persuaded a judge in the bankruptcy hearing that service charge demands complied with the Lease. Expert Evidence from LEASE says the Civil Court Judgement was wrong as the Court applied a wrong point of the Law/contradicted the law. Can I Appeal that the Bankruptcy should not have applied, that is change the WS?.
I am eligible for legal aid so can I de-instruct the IP and go for Legal Aid and the Appeal after the WS already in Court, that is change my plea?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has the original judgment been challenged please?