How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I live in a property which is in the confines of T A centre

Customer Question

I live in a property which is in the confines of T A centre ,i purchased the property25yrs ago when it was a quiet T A centre only used mainly at weekends.i am one of 3 houses in the T a centre which recently closed,It now resembles a industrial estate and becoming more and more intrusive on my private and family life.We currently have potential recruiting courses during the day and Army @ Air Force cadets some evenings using foul language.We also have aRapid Responce Paramedics based here24/7,the Police also use the premises for dog training from time to time also the Fire Brigade use the site whenever there is a strike.There is also a Child Awarness Coarse which includes all possible dangers for 2 weeks once a year which is good but not in my back yard. I am reliabley informed that the Coastguards of Scarborough and Burniston are to be based here 24/7 .All this takes place on land approximately 200mtrs buy 100mtres we as freehold house owners are never consulted in any developments. I would appreciate any course of action you can advise. Yours Sincerely *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good evening my name is ***** ***** I a. Happy to help with your question today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
You have a right to quiet and peaceful enjoyment of your property even though you are based in an ex-TA centre. Whilst you have to accept some level ofnoise and disturbance by virtue of the location, any excessive noise may amount to "nuisance"which is actionable under the law of "tort". You should speak with the organisers/organisations informally to express your concerns over the level of noise and the effect it's having on your quality of life but if nothing changes you will have to take legal steps which include getting an injunction and compensation for nuisance.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist further?