How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was granted asylum in 2002 but have lost that documentation

Customer Question

I was granted asylum in 2002 but have lost that documentation and the Home Office said I could request a copy to be mailed to me on the Visa and Immirgration site on for a charge of £10.00 as it would be CHEAPER for me to make an IMMEDIATE appointment to get a Biometric card on the same day. as I want to write that exam to become a British Citizen. If you could give me EXACT DETAILS for web site including what WORDS I type on the form to request this. on line. I would be very grateful.
I do have a Home Office Reference Number.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

The Home Office is referring to a "Subject Access Request" (SAR) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You need to complete the SAR form which appears here:

and send it to the Home Office address below with a cheque for 10 pounds:

Subject Access Request Unit
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

In the form you ask for details of your asylum grant and any other information held by the Home Office on you.

All the best