How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am 59 yrs last home was rented but my landlord went

This answer was rated:

I am 59 yrs last home was rented but my landlord went into receivership. I could not get a council house in the 3 months I've moved into a static caravan on my son's land on his none working farm,I have a pipe run over with water.also an extension for the electric.I have I'll health so need to be near family for help.I have an evening meal or lunch at weekends,I also have my grandson come to me off the school bus until his mam gets home an half hour after him,I have paid council tax for the ten months I've been here,when the council official came up twice,she never said I couldn't live here,but now the planning officer has told me I have to vacate in 3 months,with no where to go,I also have 7 little dogs,I am so worried I have been having angina attacks as I am that upset,what are my chances of staying here,it's in the middle of nowhere,caravan cannot be seen from the road,no neighbours, A.Hodgson
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
I am sorry to hear about your situation.
You are on your son's land as his tenant or as his guest? Why are you paying council tax? Shouldn't your son be paying that for the whole property, with a contribution from you if agreed between you.
Also, if your son allows you to stay as his guest, why has that gpt anything at all to do with the planning department.
IF you give me this information I may be able to help.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son got the Static to rent out weekly in the summer,but as things happened,I moved into the caravan,paying £250-00 monthly which electric and water are all in,I am on disability benefit,so the council pay the rent,within 2 weeks the council were here looked round,then sent me a council tax bill,of which the council also pay,my son does pay his own council tax,he and his girlfriend 4 children and girlfriends mother live in the farmhouse,it's a non-working farm now,

the planning department say I am not allowed to live permenantly in the Static caravan,also we should of had planning permission to put it on the land,they have told me to vacate in 3 months,I have no where to go,

also would discourage my son from putting in for planning,as they do not think we would be given it,

do you think we should of gone as my being a guest?

I did not want them loosing out on holiday letting money by my moving in.