How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If I am organising an mountain event in the Lake District that

Customer Question

If I am organising an mountain event in the Lake District that uses a public right of way, can the landowner charge me for this use ?
"With regard to costs, we ask for a standard 3% of entry fee as a contribution to conservation of habitats and repair of footpaths in the uplands. This will go into the Fix the Fells programme for use across the Lakeland fells"
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You should not be charged for using a public right of way normally if you are getting from point a to b.
However, there are limitations such as stopping for long periods etc. and depending on what event you will be having, the landowner may impose a fee for you to hold your event on their land which you may or may not accept. If you do not accept to pay, you should not hold your event on their land.
I suggest you read up here on your rights on using public rights of way in the Lake District
Hope this helps