How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35049
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has got an emergency non molestation order against

This answer was rated:

my wife has got an emergency non molestation order against me she was given 14 days to produce evidence to support this I have an opportunity to speak on the 13/7/15. I cant afford a solicitor how do I defend myself in court
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What has she actually asked for - and what contact do you need to have with her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a emergency non molestation order the conditions are I keep away from her, my children and the marital home also that I stay away from the school from 7am to 10am and 3pm to 6pm.there are directions on 13 july I need to know how do I let the court know I need to attend the hearing.

I am also on bail for assaulting her a offence that I deny in fact it has been sent back to the CPS review as she has completely different statements of the same incident given to the criminal case and the family court.i need to present a letter to the courts but I am not sure if I need to challenge each point she has made any assistance will be much appreciated as I have not seen my children since 1st May she also is implying I am a threat to my children. Her brother and brother-in-law have being charged with my attempted murder.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no contact with her and do not want any contact with her. I was seeing my children and had them every saturday overnight and now I haven't seen them since 1st May. I would like to maintain my relationship with my children, but I do not want contact with her due to her constant false allegations, I would like an impartial third person to collect them.

Why do you think you need to ask to attend court?
Have you ever gone to the school at the start or end of the day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was told when I phoned the Family Court I needed to ask permission to attend at the next hearing which is the direction hearing,

I have not been to the school since the emergency non molestation order but when I did go prior to this my estranged wife said I was threatening and had to be brought into the school and found an alternative route out.

This is untrue and my solicitor has written to the school who have reluctantly said they will acknowledge the fact that this did not happen

No you do not need permission to attend - you simply need to turn up!
You are entitled to speak for yourself - but your first step shoudl be to offer to give an Undertaking - a promise to the court - to not do any f the things you do not do anyway!
This is a common way of resolving matters
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you