How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has started divorce proceedings, we have been separated

This answer was rated:

My wife has started divorce proceedings, we have been separated for over2yrs we don't own any property , I was in debt when she left to set up home in Sweden with I might add over
£50,000 when I found her bank statements which she had left now she wants monies from my state pension what is she untitle to I am in a IVA agreement at the moment we are both 60yrs
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long did you live together and what exactly has she asked for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, we lived together for 40yrs and she has asked for
1,an order for maintenance pending suit outcome
2,periodical payments order
3,secured provision order
4, lump sum
5, property adjustment order
6, order under section 24b,25b,or25c of matrimonial causes act of 1973 ect eft I think you will the rest and by the way we don't own any property
In fact she is not necessarily claiming anything at all.
Ticking those boxes on the petition merely makes it easier to dismiss and financial claims you have against each other in the future - which I suspect is what she wishes to achieve.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you