How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I took a vehicle in and faulty injector , and to

This answer was rated:

I took a vehicle in for service and faulty injector , and to be mot,garage could not do injector so they took it to second party,injection specialists,they then contacted me to say they had done injectors but found pump fault,removed pump repaired,first party went to collect vehicle to take back for mot emissions test, second party would not release vehicle without payment, they contacted me via phone I made card payment 1063 for pump repair,mot carried out by fisrt partyi collect vehiclecard payment 998.55, run vehicle 9 days pump stops, had vehicle recovered and returned to second party, on in vestigation of pump found broken shaft which they said a was nothing to do with what they had done which they would do, and b a shaft would cost 850 that's if they could access one in Europe,and could take 3 months, as I could not prove the damage to pump, I suggested purchasing an exchange unit , they said they did not have account with p.f.jones pump supplies, so I piad for pump 1572 delivered to second party, pump fitted vehicle did not run right so complained must be faulty pump to which a second exchange was sent out and fitted , run different to first but still not right,now second party are saying it may be something else not the pump and want to check the timing at additional cost to me , I am now 10 weeks down the line, hiring a replacement at 130 per week and evertime a call is made there is little or no movement on resovling, example they will say we have not got time to look at this next ,week , I just want one of two thins full repair at speed with no extra cost or my money back and costs in curred and take the vehicle else were
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What would you like to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, I would like to now were I stand as regards,getting the vehicle fixed at no extra cost as I believe that should not be the case or do I fight this one legaly, or trading standards, or recover the vehicle and try to reclaim any costs incurred, many thanks Simon

What would be the total value of your claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

paid 1063 for initial pump repair and injectors removed and tested , I piad 1572 for replacement pump 12 month guarantee,now had 10 weeks hiring a replacement vehicle1300, two lots of insurance piad carrage 88 also a very large amount of lost time and inconvenience to our day to day business running, for example this vehicle was used to transport certain machinery, one of our machines that it moves has had to stay on a site at grantham, we wanted back in Lincoln but can not move unless we bring in outside haulage,extra cost ,so we have had to hire in Lincoln extra cost ,if we had known this was going to drag into 10,11,12,weeks the money we are spending on hire etc could have been used to purchase another vehicle to replace the one being so called repiared

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In your opion am I within my rights to take this route,

Yes I think you are. It is disgraceful the way you have been treated.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.