How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Me and my wife made a agreement with my mother and

Customer Question

me and my wife made a agreement with my mother and father inlaw to pay the morgage on there property as they could not afford it. It was put in writing and me and my wife would own 50% of the property.
My mother and father in law have split up now well 12 months ago and are wanting to sell the house. They are refusing to give us the money back that we paid into the property.
What do we have to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the agreement made and where is it now?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?