Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a couple of very old invoices that are around 6 years

i have a couple of very old invoices that are around 6 years old but are worth about 15k i want to revisit them to chase for the money what legal rights/means do i have now to try and re-cope this money
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Are they more or less than 6 years old?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1 of them is nearer 7 years and the other is about 6 years now

Have the parties concerned acknowledged the debt in the past 6 years by saying that they know it is payable or otherwise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Can you explain how and when?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1 of the depts is 12k and 2 years ago they offered 10k settlement

we are a sub-contractor and these works are for main contractors

Ok thanks, ***** ***** event that the debt has been acknowledged in this way they cannot use the Limitation Act to argue that a claim is statute barred.
You need to send both parties a letter before action to say that if the debt is not paid within 14 days you will lodge a claim in the County Court.
If they try to argue that the Limitation Act applies produce evidence of this offer to refute that.
If they do not pay then I would urge you to file a claim as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions please ask.
If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and what happens if we send out reminders but the company does not acknowledge them..?

That does not make any difference to the limitation act. If that happens and they are not acknowledged or responded to you must ensure a claim is raised within the 6 year period.