How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Thank you e mail. could you please advise me

This answer was rated:

thank you for your e mail.
could you please advise me of steps I need to take to dissolve my marriage legally and approximate period of time it usually takes
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Were you actually legally married here in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no back home and registered in european country

How long have you been married and do you have the Marriage Certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got married in 2008 and have marriage certificate in native language and translated to English in Dublin Ireland

Why do you wish to end the marriage - what is the reason you have decided this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


too much conflict and fighting my wife asked for divorce and I agreed, we are divorced now by religious custom but not legally.

in order for both of us to move on we need this marriage dissolved and arrangements for children made .

In that case you can issue a Petition here in the Uk base don her Unreasonable Behaviour - details here
The process takes between seven and nine months
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

does it help to get a document from mosques that divorce has already happened, please advise


It would certainly be helpful
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you