How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had a phone call asking if I would to sell my private number

Customer Question

I had a phone call asking if I would to sell my private number plate to RegTransfers for £9500 I have received an email with a conformation of sale and powerattorney to sign and return to them. I have changed my mind but on there web site it says that they record conversations and I have made a legal binding contract have I ? and can I get out of this ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I presume they haven't paid anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no have not been paid only after they have got my power of attorney and the retention document v778 and they have money from a buyer can take 3 to 6 weeks apperently

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You are in breach of contract if you do pull out but they have suffered no loss and so there is no claim against you.
If you had received the money then you would have had to repay obviously but that doesn't arise.
They could try to argue that this is the type of thing that is so unique that they could force specific performance of the contract but they are very unlikely to pursue that. It is not worth the manpower in doing so.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have they suffered loss if they have received money from there client the buyer as they act for both as intemediatary

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Not really. The funds can always be returned to them.