How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am divorced and have a consent order which states that

Customer Question

Hi, I am divorced and have a consent order which states that my ex-husband has 3 days to sign any papers to do with the sale of the FMH and if he doesn't I can get a judge to sign. I am ready to exchange and he hasn't contacted my solicitor to give his authorisation to exchange. We first contacted him yesterday and been trying since then.
If he doesn't get in touch within 3 days can I ask for a judge's authorisation to exchange and approx how long would this take?
Many thanks
Be***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - there is an Order for the sale of the property?