How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

A property developer to the rear of our property has damaged

This answer was rated:

A property developer to the rear of our property has damaged our, and neighbours, properties throughout the course of the development. The main issue has been subsidence caused from large scale excavation on the site. We have tried on numerous times to engage with the developer to request remedial work to our property but they are now not returning any calls or emails. Is there any course of action we can take to force them to engage with us? The development is not yet complete and they are selling the properties on a leasehold basis so anything we can do to frustrate this process and get them to deal with the damage they have caused would be fantastic! Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks
Thank you for your question.
If there is ongoing work in the vicinity of your properties you can instruct a solicitor to raise injunction proceedings to stop the work.
If that is not the case and the damage has been done already and the work in the vanity is complete then your action will be for damage and the cost of fixing that damage.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response. As stated above, the development is not yet complete so the work is ongoing. Could you be a little more specific regarding the injunction. Does this have to be carried out by a solicitor or can we raise one ourselves? Are there different forms of injunction? Who exercises it?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Ellie Wetz

An injunction is an order of court preventing someone from doing something. So once the court grants the order, the behaviour complained about must stop. The court can grant the order on an interim or emergency basis without hearing evidence where there is a risk of damage to person or property.
If you are not experienced in civil court matters you have to use a solicitor to deal with this for you.
I hope that this helps.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you