How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

LV my previous car insurance company have failed to investigate

This answer was rated:

LV my previous car insurance company have failed to investigate a fraudulent claim that I told them about, I have now been advised that the claim has been paid out (£2k) and I now have a claim against me. I was not contacted throughout the procedure and only found out when my new current insurance company queried my no claims. I want to make a formal complaint and raise this incident of incompetence to the Insurance Ombudsman. Can you advise.
Joe Round
Hello Joe my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are your current insurers refusing to indemnify you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm awaiting a call from LV's complaint dept. I have not been in contact with my current insurers other than telling them I'm considering going to the Insurance Ombudsman. I told LV that I would have refused this payout and would have demanded it be taken to court due to the fraudulent claim.
Are your current insurers refusing to pay out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LV have paid out to the other parties fraudulent claim. That's my issue
I see. In that case you are right in that you have raised this with them. If they reject the complaint the other course of action then is the Financial Ombudsman. But you can't complain to them until you have exhausted the LV complaints process.
But sadly apart from that there is not anything else you can do. You could always sue the other driver, but then there would be a cost to that. If its below £10,000 it would be a small claim so more cost effective.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.