How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I wish to get a solicitor to join my two siblings as Trustee

This answer was rated:

I wish to get a solicitor to join my two siblings as Trustee of my will Do I pay an annual fee for this and is it wise to have an extra name

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

There would be no annual fee you would have to pay, but any Solicitor who is appointed as an Executor/Trustee of a Will is entitled to charge on an hourly basis for the work he carrie sout in administering the Estate.

Normally, clients would appoint a Solicitor as Trustee if either they had no family or they felt there may be an argument between family members if one or two family members were appointed as Trustees.

Many non professional Trustees will ask a Solicitor to assist in the administration of an Estate if they feel they can't deal with it themselves.

Therefore, unless you foresee a problem with your siblings acting alone, I would suggest that there is no need to also appoint a Solicitor. If it turns out your siblings

require assistance, they can then instruct a local Solicitor of their choice to assist them.

I hope this assists you.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

If I have assisted you, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.