How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10742
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Ive lived with mum . Im her son In which time i

Customer Question

Ive lived with mum for 15years . Im her son In which time i have bought the house . Its in both pur names . She has since become ill . Do i have to sell the house to pay for care ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Whilst you are living there, there is no prospect of the house being sold from under you in respect of the nursing home fees. As you are a joint owner, you are perfectly entitled to continue to occupy the property even if Mum does not.
Under the law governing Nursing home fees, any jointly owned property of a resident is disregarded, when assessing if that person has to pay home fees.
I hope this puts your mind at ease.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
If I have assisted you, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards