How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I ve been scamed by a photostudio with a portfolio.signed up monthly.Can I ca

This answer was rated:

hi , I ve been scamed by a photostudio with a portfolio.signed up for pay monthly.Can I cancel that? They already give me photos on cd.They offered 10 high quality photos and some prints . When we agreed and signed she give me a cd and said thats it.When I called the head office they said you see the pictures and bought them . and of story.Can I do anything to cancel the direct debit?ThanksPete
Hello Pete my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


It's all started with a modellagency from a web where we can send our kid photos. They quickly replied to go for a photoshoot to this studio called New York basement and they do a trial photoshot and see if our kid is ok front of the camera and good enough to be a modell. So we went , had some photos taken. After they told us we need some good quality photos to make a portfolio.They showed us the photos and they had some offers like 10 photos and some prints for a professional portfolio for £599. We agreed and pay £100 and the rest is a monthly payment. After she put all the photos they took on a cd and gave us. When we called the head office and complaint , they said we seen the photos and we agreed to buy them so there is no way back.We have to pay. Do we have consumer right to cancel this payment or do anything? Can I report them to trading standarts or somewhere else.?They state they are two different company which probably true on paper.But I only have problem with a studio who sold me some photos which not as discribed and never received the prints.

Many thanks

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.