How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We recently got an appointment survey to take place

Customer Question

we recently got an appointment for a survey to take place on the property we wish to purchase through the Halifax on our rented property owned by local council which has been a pain staking chore just to get this far to be told on the doorstep by the surveyor that we wont get a mortage because of the scheme the refurbishment taken place(local prc property repair scheme) is not considred.
we have been through 2 mortage advisors who straight away put the mortage details in principal without asking or advising us on this may be a problem.
The real question we want answering is although it states in the Halifax's paperwork under valuation that the fee is payable on application is not refundable once the property assessment has been carried out.
The surveyor for the Halifax stopped at the gate told us the bad news and went away
so we got in touch with our mortage advisor and she said that we may get some money back,£280.00 was the bill and I know the guys time has been taken up but if the Halifax would have been more professional and thorough this would not of happened and I don't feel that my money should stump up for there incompetence
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much have you lost in total?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.