How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I would like to ask what I can do to help my sons partner

Customer Question

Hi I would like to ask what I can do to help my sons partner help to get him removed from their joint property. He is drunk and abusive and he does pay nothing towards the mortgage or the bills. They have a 5 year old daughter who is now sees this happening and knows that dad is not nice. She has been dragged out of her home on so many occasions due to his aggression and police have arrested him on several occasons, We now need help in finding out what we need to do. They are currently staying with me as my son is again very drunk and unpleasant. Can you advice?
Thak you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why has his partner not co-operated with the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He i

has never been physically violent to her. He is fighting outside when drunk and so has been arrested. She has had to leave on several occasions as he has become aggressive in the ho e. Hitting walls and doors. She has been very patient and always hoping that his drinking will stop and all will be well. Over the last few months it has become clear that she or their daughter cannot live with him as increasingly he spends weeks on his bed leaving only to buy more alcohol. He had falls and is at times unresponsive so ambulance has been called. She has now reached the end of what she can or should deal with. If same situation. Arises again and police got involved she probably would make a statement. She is a teacher snd also does not want her name in the local papers.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The house is worth approx £300,000 and £175,00 left on the mortgage.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Would she be able to "buy him out" of his share - and is she strong enough to take court action?