How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good morningCan do advise me on whether I can claim back

Customer Question

Good morning Can do advise me on whether I can claim back from a credit card I paid back in 2010 My husband pastaway in august that year and had a credit card in his name only I informed the company of his death sent them his death certificate , they then replyed asking for the dept to be paid ,at the time I just as you can imagine I was not in good place emotionally and just paid the credit card company Straight away. Recently I have been told that there dept shouldn't have been paid as it was my husbands dept and not mine can you help me on this matter Thanks you Yoursfaithfully Mrs Julie XXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
How much was the debt and did your husband make a Will? Did his estate have any money left and who was the administrator of his estate?