How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Sisters home sold - equity split 50/50 husband agreed by email

Customer Question

Sisters home sold - equity split 50/50 husband agreed by email and phone ok with 50/50 - informed conveyancing solicitor today that he wants all the money into the joint account -both own home - sister will not agree to joint account as he has controlled money and sister has to ask for money - he has charging order against him - created debt leading to bailiffs and threat of repossession. How can we ensure he does not get my sisters share of the equity and the hold we have requested to the Warrington solicitor is held. Husband has history of taking any money and he is planning to buy a house with the full equity - sister does not want to continue the marraige and has advised him as late as last year that she would not buy a house. We are at stale mate and i have authority to act for my sister.
Would a letter from a solicitor confirm to him that the equity will be held until he agrees to the 50/50 split.
Many thanks in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your sister needs to write a clear letter stating that she does NOT authorise the release of the funds unless the funds are divided equally between them and paid into separate accounts.
If she does this the solicitors will have no choice but to retain the funds until your sister and her husband can reach agreement.
Please ask if you need further details