How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

What if the tree is split 50/50 down the boundary line. One

This answer was rated:

What if the tree is split 50/50 down the boundary line. One person wants to keep the tree and one person wants to cut it down?

Are we advising the person who does not wish to cut down the tree?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

As the tree is equally owned by the neigbour, the only way to stop the neighbour cutting back the tree to the boundary is to get a Tree Presevation Order (TPO) from the local authority.

The person who does not wish to lose the tree must get in touch with the local authority and speak to them about the possibility of getting a TPO made provided the tree has amenity.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you