How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been stopped by the police driving (123). I

This answer was rated:

I have been stopped by the police for drink driving (123).
I don't have any answer as to why I drank a bottle of vodka in my car instead of going to work.
My husband is registered disabled and relies on me to drive him to his various medical appointments.
Can you suggest a course of action.
Jill Wilson
Hello Jill my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume you accept the offence? Do you have any other driving convictions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Alex,

I do accept the offence and have no other convictions- in fact I have led a squeaky clean life till now

Was it 123 in breath?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Its bad news I am afraid. The sentencing range is a high level community order to 12 weeks custody with a ban of between 29-36 months. That is for readings of 120-150 in breath.
You need to get a Solicitor to represent you as there is a risk of custody but I would hope it would be a community order given no record and the lower end of the bracket.
But you will be disqualified from driving, the Court has no discretion. You can reduce any ban by 25% if you take the drink drive course. Even if your husband relies on you, sadly you will be disqualified, the Court has no choice.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.