How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My daughter died in her care home. She was on a monitored bed.

This answer was rated:

my daughter died in her care home. She was on a monitored bed. She has severe epilepsy. The bed monitor did not alert to her not breathing, her heart stopping and her incontinence, all of which should have alerted. There are waking night staff member of staff checked my daughter then thought she would go back and check again but had to change someone else. when she went back in my daughter was blue and had no pulse. I feel that this was neglect I am waiting for the inquest but I feel so confused and angry as I want proper answers.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't mind waiting

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Thank you for your question.
I am sorry for your loss. From your narrative you appear to have justifiable grounds for complaint. However, in order to take this to a civil court you need expert evidence. The inquest may provide some answers for you. However, I recommend that you consult a solicitor experienced in medical negligence. The solicitor can investigate the situation for you, as opposed to the inquest investigation. He can also ask an independent medical expert to examine the medical records and whole circumstances. The test is whether similar medical staff would have acted in the way that those involved in the care of your daughter acted.
You can go to the Law Society website to find a suitable solicitor to act for you.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you