How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71046
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had an argument yesterday

Customer Question

hi i had an argument yesterday with my partner and i left the house to cool down and stayed on my mates settee i told her i was coming back and she said to me that she has phoned the police and saying that i hit her which i haven't and I'm not allowed back there if i go back and the police come what should i do. there is history on domestic abuse about 5 years ago

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she's saying i can't go home and she rung the police saying that i have hit her and if i go there they will be waiting for me to arrest me i haven't played a finger on her we was shouting at each other and saying nasty things but that is all like i said we have had history in domestic violence with her ( well me about 5 years ago)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
can the police stop me going back home
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The Police can bail you and give a conditions not to go home. If the matter goes to Court then you can object to this bail condition. But the Police could impose a condition in the meantime.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about the incorrect intervention above.
Have you been served a protection notice? That would explain the situation,.