How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have contact with my daughter 2.5 days one week and 4 days

Customer Question

I have contact with my daughter 2.5 days one week and 4 days the next. Today my ex partner has informed me that she is removing my access totally this week (2.5 days) without reason. I believe it is in retaliation for me taking our daughter away at the weekend and dropping her back 2 hours later than normal. This lateness was due to us being over 80 miles away and appropriate travel time. I have given her notice of the fact we would be late and she did not respond to this notice. What can I do. She dictates to me all the time and I have had to take her to court in the past to try and get resolution. There is no contact order in place currently and I am thinking of filing for shared residency but what can I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Neither parent is entitled to dictate how the care of the child is shared between you - it is something that needs to be agreed between you -Family Mediation if need be.
If mediation fails then you will have no choice but to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order protecting your time with the child.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details