How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50157
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I recently issued a county court claim online. The defendant

This answer was rated:

Hello. I recently issued a county court claim online. The defendant has now paid me but I can't see any way to stop the claim online. I have found form N279, Notice of discontinuance, but it would appear that it needs a judge to grant permission for its use. Is this correct, or can I just complete it and leave the judge's name blank? Thank you.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You can still use that form to discontinue your claim. You will see that the section with the Judge’s details is in brackets which means that it is optional. There are circumstances when you will need the Judge’s permission to withdraw the claim and you can see those here: If none apply to you then you can discontinue the claim without a judge’s consent and can leave that section blank. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you