How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6463
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I am been accused of abuse to one of my clients. i am a carer

This answer was rated:

i am been accused of abuse to one of my clients. i am a carer . can you please tell me what i am to do now . this accusation is not true .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What action has your employer taken as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they have called me in to the office to give my reply and now they have suspended me until further notice

Ok how long have you worked for your employer for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

october will be 2 years

Ok thanks, ***** ***** you totally deny the allegations? Were there any witnesses?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my client another carer and me . the other carer is the one thats made the accusation . i have been with the same client foe over 1 year

Does the other carer have something against you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i only met her that night . i do not know her at all . all i know about her is ,the clients does not like her

how long has that carer worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have no idea .

Ok thanks, ***** ***** problem is that with less than 2 years service an employer can terminate your employment for any reason, this means that they do not need to carry out a fair investigation in order to do so. The exception to that is if you can argue that you are being discriminated against on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, disability, pregnancy or for raising a health and safety complaint.
They cannot however cause you a problem for working in the future by reporting you to the relevant authorities without holding a reasonable investigation.
In your circumstances I would suggest you deny all allegations and say that this other carer has obviously taken a dislike to you and tried to get you into trouble. If she has done this in the past the employer will be aware of it.
If you are dismissed I would advise you appeal against the dismissal.
If you have any further questions please ask.If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?