How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13330
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

I have been talking to a girl from the phillipines for

This answer was rated:

hello i have been talking to a girl from the phillipines for a few months now and i would like her so stay over here at christmas with the intention of her staying over here permently eventually if things go all well is it best just to do a holiday visa for the first time or should I apply for a sponsership form which i have downloaded A SU07 many thanks she has a sister living in austrulia which she visited last year for 8 weeks
The sponsorhisp form is only to provide suppoert evidence. If she has adequfunds and a good record as a traveller then she can just apply for a visitors visa. However to be absolutley clear if she comes on a visitors visa then she cannot remain on any other basis and must leave at the end of her visit. Any application for long term residence will be refused. If you want her to saty as part of a relation ship she will have to apply from the Philipines but you will need to show a relationship exists so it is not possible at the moment. A visitors visa is the only option.
Senior Partner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you